Monday, August 18, 2008

Random Thoughts

Lagging on the workouts. But I still have to do them. This is what I do now. As I try to get to 10% body fat.

Finished reading Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill. I think I read it in my 20s, but wasn't ready for it. Now in my 40s, much more receptive and got a lot out of it.

But as I'm chasing the money, there are several issues I'm thinking about, such as why chase money? Because all the personal finance magazines say so. That I need such and such amount for retirement. If all the magazines said happiness was the goal and not a comfortable retirement, would I be chasing happiness instead?

Then all the Zen gets in the way of goal achieving, too. Especially the concept of Impermanence. Nothing lasts. Everything changes. If I get a million dollars, then what? If I achieve happiness, then I got nothing to look forward to but unhappiness?

What's the point? Where's the meaning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home