Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Brief History of this Blog in 14 Links


"The medium is the message." -- Marshall McLuhan.

If content is king, links must be the queens. Can one tell a tale with just links? I can sure try.

1. Steve Pavlina: Personal growth, personal development. Start a blog, quit your job, make big money. One out of three's not bad. He never said it was going to be easy. I just assumed it would be.

2. Google Adsense: Ads, ads, ads. Easy money. Yeah, right. More like, Adcents.

3. Technorati. What's my ranking? What's my ranking? Started at million something. Got it down to 300,000. It's actually all about the links. It took me awhile to figure that out. Rankings smankings. It doesn't mean anything.

4. Problogger. Helpling you blog for money. Tips. Advice.

Bottom line: It's all about the traffic. To that end...

5. Carnivals. Come join a carnival. Increase exposure, traffic.

6. & 7. Got ping? Ping-o-matic. Pingoat.

7. Site meter. Tracking traffic/visitors.

Be social. 8. Del.icio.us. 9. Reddit. 10. Digg.

11. Ezine articles. Be an expert. Get links. Get traffic. Worked to a certain degree.

12. daddy made it. My spin-off blog. Focus. Taget a niche. Daddy hasn't posted in awhile.

13. Blogsvertise. Blog for dollars. Get paid for posts. Full disclosure. Paid to blog/write but still made me slightly uncomfortable. I turned down one, did one and quit.

14. Hotel Rooom Nudes. Once I got pass the beautiful woman. The arty, professional photos. The honest, passionate and poetic writing. I was left with a very cleanly-designed, simple blog. Inspired, I wanted less clothes and no ads on my blog, too. One of two is not too bad.

Photo by: Danny S (flickr user: Dah Knee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home