Friday, September 22, 2006

Spending My Day As If It's My Last

Seize the day, they say. Live life to the fullest, too. Well, I tried this little experiment. I really did. I tried to live the day as if it was going to be my last. Morbid? A little. Depressing? Not as much as I thought.

Here's what I did:
  • Wrote a supplement to my will. Basically, simple instructions and a treasure map of all the financial accounts for the wife.
That's it.

Honestly, life goes on. In all it's mundaneness.

In trying to live as it was my last day didn't change the fact that I was hungry. I made a ham and cheese sandwich. Took a crap, surfed the Net. I paid a few bills. I cleaned up a spill.

It did make me more appreciative: of my family, the smells around me. But that was it. Was this enough?

What would you do if this was your last day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home