Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hong Kong Flashback #1

In my 30s, when I worked in Hong Kong, three friends and I won $10,000 each at the race track in one night. It was not completely unexpected, as we chased the big prize, week in, week out.

Ten thousand seemed like a lot money. Back then, it probably was.

Out of the four of us, I was the only one who quit my job. I spent the money on:
1. European tour for the girlfriend and I.
2. Loaned money to lil bro for his start-up.
3. Made a video short. (Rejected by every film festival I applied to.)
4. Wrote, directed and starred in a play. (Sold out all the dates, and had to add a few more).

Then I went back to work on freelance basis.

Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have quit my job. Then again, I wouldn't ever gotten to do all the things on the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home