Thursday, September 13, 2007

I Paid How Much for Cirque du Soleil Parking?

I've been on a new discipline of not complaining too much but I have to get this off my chest. How much is too much for parking?

The wife and I went to the Cirque du Soleil's latest show, Corteo. It was under the big top in the parking lot of the Forum in Inglewood. Those familiar with Los Angeles know that Inglewood is a bit on the rough side. Picture Pay Day Loans, short-term motels and Bail Bonds businesses. In fact, we were advised to take the crappier car.

So we lined up the babysitter (aka Grandma), and headed down the 405 to our hot date. Traffic was surprisingly good for a Saturday night and we got there a little early.

The tickets were $81 per person, and parking was...$22.

And the wife was so thirsty that I shelled out another $4 for a bottle of water.

Let me see if I can put $22 in everyday terms. That's:

5 1/2 In-n-Out Double-Doubles.
22 hours of meter parking in Santa Monica.
4 months of Netflix membership.
1/5th of a blowjob.

Twenty-two freaking cash US dollars.

The upsides were that the tickets were free and show was pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home